Monday, April 30, 2007

A Hare Out of Place




Rabbits are known for their rate of multiplying, but this little guy almost divided himself into 1000 when he barely escaped the whirring blades of my Snapper riding mower this weekend.

He had been hiding in some tall grass, and I saw the little fur ball leap from out of the mowing deck, it seemed. I thought I had "processed" a squirrel, but the bunny ears gave it away. I hopped off the mower to more carefully examine him. Seeing that he was fully intact, I took him home to show the wife, and, because of her natural ability with animals, he seemed at ease and was willing to pose for some photographs.

After the photo shoot, I released him near the place where I almost prematurely ended his math career.

I am reminded of how some people think I over analyze things because I'm always asking questions and trying to solve every "what if." But I'm hoping this puts it to rest: Although sometimes I come close, I'm not a hare-splitter.

No comments: