Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Save Over $10 on Offical U.S. Catechism

If you go to your bookstore to buy the United States Catholic Catechism for Adults, you'll pay $24.95 plus tax (plus gasoline if you have to drive far to get it).

I got mine for a little over $15. You can, too, if you order by May 15.

I don't mean to sound like a cheesy salesman, but I know I would appreciate the tip:

Go to Adoremus Books to get it. Now, here's the catch -- you get $10 off if you sign up for a Google Checkout account. This discount is only good for first-time users of Google's answer to "PayPal."

Paying with Google Checkout brings the price to $14.95. If your total order is at least $25, you get free shipping. So I bought a 50-cent plastic ruler to bump it over $25 (before discount). That means my final cost was $15.45 -- saving at least $10 compared to driving to the book store.

My plastic ruler arrived broken, but I didn't complain. I was more interested in reading about the Eternal Ruler.

No comments: